[Scons-dev] Python 3 compatability... RFH (request for help)

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Apr 8 12:07:48 EDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 12:35 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> > Russel,
> >
> > I have macports dmd installed and see the following when I run test/D
> >
> > https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9018262
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> I have dmd in /opt/local/bin brought in by MacPorts. I have dmd in
> ~/Built/bin compiled from source by yt.
>
> When SCons does the program detection for the tools /opt/local/bin is
> searched but ~/Built/bin is not. So it is not using the users path, but
> is including the MacPorts location, so appears to be using the system
> path. When a compile job is spawned /opt/local/bin is not in the path
> searched for and so we get the output observed. This would imply that
> SCons is using it's own path and not the system path when spawning
> jobs.

As it should be.
I have local mods to have the Platform/darwin.py optionally append PATHOSX
(which comes from processing /etc/paths and /etc/paths.d/* for paths)

Without those on I don't pick up dmd at all..
Should DMD be able to link with any gcc, or does it need to be the version
it was built with?