[Scons-dev] Python 3 compatability... RFH (request for help)

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Apr 8 09:00:31 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 12:35 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>
> I have macports dmd installed and see the following when I run test/D
>
> https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9018262
>
> Thoughts?

I have dmd in /opt/local/bin brought in by MacPorts. I have dmd in
~/Built/bin compiled from source by yt.

When SCons does the program detection for the tools /opt/local/bin is
searched but ~/Built/bin is not. So it is not using the users path, but
is including the MacPorts location, so appears to be using the system
path. When a compile job is spawned /opt/local/bin is not in the path
searched for and so we get the output observed. This would imply that
SCons is using it's own path and not the system path when spawning
jobs.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk