[Scons-dev] Trial SCons migration to git on github

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jan 9 08:09:15 EST 2016

Hi,

On 06.01.2016 22:16, Jason Kenny wrote:
> I have done the opposite myself ( moved code from guthub to bitbucket) it is very easy either direction.
>
> However I have to ask. Is this about moving to Git from HG or to Github?
> I think these are two different questions.

I would also like to make us a clear statement first, about what we want to change/migrate and why we want to do it. I'm currently
trying to find examples of large open-source projects (not some small repos, maintained by a single person) that have moved from
Mercurial to git. Can anyone give pointers?
My goal here is to analyze the log/commit history in order to find out whether the migration actually did have a measurable effect
on things like "frequency of commits per month", "LOC touched per month", "new committers per month" and so on.