[Scons-dev] Roundup tracker demo instance...

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 04:49:59 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-09-27 at 15:03 -0700, Bill Deegan wrote:
> > Maybe worth sticking in a scons bitbucket repo?
> >
> […]
>
> A DVCS repository is indeed where all code belongs :-)

Four years ago I''ve put those scripts at
https://bitbucket.org/techtonik/dataliberation
along with some patches theory and ideas.

Then I had to look into Roundup code and
lost my way by trying to make a personal
decentralized tracker out of it. Also, I completed
routing component for it (tests needed) so that
you can replace old links structure from other
trackers without breaking the links.

> If there is a JIRA instance we can bind to the Mercurial repository on
> BitBucket then we should go for it.  Even if in the far distant future
> Atalassian force a Mercurial → Git move on BitBucket, they will retain
> JIRA as the associated issue tracker.
>
> Having used JIRA at Codehaus for the Groovy stuff, I can attest that
> JIRA is not awful and indeed is far superior to Tigris.

Having used JIRA for PySide I can assure that JIRA is awful compared
to Bugzilla.

> Thus, for me, shifting the issues from Tigris to a JIRA  directly
> associated with BitBucket is a Huge Win™.

If you need perfect integration between commits, pull requests and
issues, then you need GitHub. And if we come down this route, maybe
we also need to consider some free-to-play alternatives to our build tool
as well? =)

--
anatoly t.