[Scons-dev] Roundup tracker demo instance...

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:01:41 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Florian Miedniak <
florian.miedniak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a look on the feature sheet of Roundup, that admittedly reads quite
> impressive. Nevertheless, I must agree with Gary concerning the user
> interface ... For me, at first glance it compares it bit to Trac from the
> "user experience" point of view.

There is a new responsive design made by Pradip Caulagi for Roundup. It
uses Twitter Bootstrap framework
http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue2550811 and relies on new support
for Jinja2 template engine. But it breaks down on FUD over
setdefaultencoding('utf-8') which is required by Jinja2 which is making
implicit conversion from string to unicode due to performance /
architecture reasons. Roundup keeps all strings in utf-8 internally, but
Python assumes that they are ascii for all implicit conversions. =/ All the
gory details - http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue2550811

--
anatoly t.