[Scons-dev] Code of conduct?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:26:42 EST 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Perhaps it's a good idea to add an official code of conduct for SCons.
> http://blog.codinghorror.com/the-hugging-will-continue-until-morale-improves/
>
> The following site seems to provide a reasonable code.
> http://contributor-covenant.org/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Bill
> p.s. as an aside I also work on Buildbot and they applied for an open source
> grant through Mozilla's $1M grant program. One of the questions was "Do you
> have a code of conduct".

After Gratipay clash with SJWs I got highly interested in
how mass media manipulation and political technology
works. So, can you explain the problem for you personally
and why you think CoC is a solution to this problem?

Answering to your question, I do not think that CoCs should
be applied just for the sake of having a CoC, so I am -1 for
blindly following the trends. Like using CMake for C projects.

If you want to go deeper into rabbit hole, you may want to
take a look at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/golang-nuts/code/golang-nuts/Nl0UDXmCeVQ/xgNfyBrSAQAJ
but mind you - I didn't read the thread till the end, because
even given that I commented on it, I don't feel like I want to
waste more time on that.

--
anatoly t.