[Scons-dev] Code of conduct?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Dec 7 14:58:13 EST 2015

Hi all,

On 04.12.2015 18:10, Bill Deegan wrote:
> All,
>
> Perhaps it's a good idea to add an official code of conduct for SCons.
> http://blog.codinghorror.com/the-hugging-will-continue-until-morale-improves/
>
> The following site seems to provide a reasonable code.
> http://contributor-covenant.org/
>
> Thoughts?

here's my opinion:

- +1, in general. I don't mind having a CoC, and I fail to see how following this "mainstream" (allegedly) pattern could harm the
project.
- For my personal taste, the yahoo example provided by Gary is too long to read. Bill's and Russel's texts are shorter, and easier
to digest for me as non-native speaker.
- Simply adopting one of those options would be fine with me. @WBlevins: I would be opposed to the idea of then adding more
regulations on top. It's not much more than a badge, that says: "We care." And when the time comes, we'll take actions and "care"
without having to look up our CoC. We've done this successfully in the past...