[Scons-dev] [Scons-users] Man page problems with installing latest scons from Bitbucket

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Nov 15 20:23:45 EST 2014

Just one more thing on this, redirecting to scons-dev.  I just updated
my SCons build VM to Trusty (14.04) from Precise (12.04), and I get
the same error Michael was seeing when trying to do a full packaging
build of SCons:
  error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/command/wininst-6.0.exe',
/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/command/wininst-6.0.exe not included in
the Debian packages.

It seems the wininst-*.exe files have been removed from the
python2.7-dev package in 14.04, although they were there in 12.04.  I
worked around it by copying them from a Windows machine with python
distutils.  Grr.

-- Gary