[Scons-dev] [Scons-users] Man page problems with installing latest scons from Bitbucket

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 06:53:03 EST 2014

Hi Gary,

On 16.11.2014 02:23, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
> Just one more thing on this, redirecting to scons-dev.  I just updated
> my SCons build VM to Trusty (14.04) from Precise (12.04), and I get
> the same error Michael was seeing when trying to do a full packaging
> build of SCons:
>    error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/command/wininst-6.0.exe',
> /usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/command/wininst-6.0.exe not included in
> the Debian packages.
>
> It seems the wininst-*.exe files have been removed from the
> python2.7-dev package in 14.04, although they were there in 12.04.  I
> worked around it by copying them from a Windows machine with python
> distutils.  Grr.
thanks for figuring this out! I updated the page

   http://scons.org/wiki/SconsBuildRequirements

accordingly, and also provided a TGZ archive containing the missing
EXEs. Additionally, I moved the link to the requirements directly into
the "Contributing" section of the developer guide (
http://scons.org/wiki/DeveloperGuide ). I hope that makes sense...