[Scons-dev] Is Tigris issue tracking actively used?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jul 6 17:19:31 EDT 2014

Andrew,

On 06.07.2014 22:25, Andrew Featherstone wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Ok it's good to know where to be looking. For me the number of open
> issues gives a (false) negative impression that the project's
> development is stale. For me, P1 bugs are triaged as "is an issue
> which causes detrimental behaviour (e.g. deletes source code, compiles
> source code with different flags, misses changes in source code), and
> must be fixed in the next release". Only two of the P1 issues have
> been commented on in the past two years, and some have sat still since
> 2009! As I said, this is confusing at best to someone who wants to get
> a feel for the current status of an open source project.

I can only agree. ;) That's why I started to do something about
it...would you like to help?

> Moving forwards it'd be nice to know that tackling issues in the issue
> tracker is worthwhile, that comments don't go unread, etc. Who marks
> what issues must be fixed for the next version? Is there any plan for
> existing issues to be updated? Do the developers communicate through
> the issue tracker or some other method e.g. IRC?

Regarding issues there is no real planning or update process in place.
We used to have a triaging process (BugParty) via IRC, on a bi-weekly
basis...but with the dwindling number of core developers it petered out.
At the moment, the development version is quite stable. I don't know of
any showstopper bugs that would have to get fixed immediately (no P1
issues).

The few really serious issues get discussed and assigned here on the dev
ML. We also have a small roadmap at http://scons.org/wiki/Roadmap
...aaand that's it, I guess.

Regards,