[Scons-dev] Is Tigris issue tracking actively used?

Andrew Featherstone andrew.featherstone at cantab.net
Sun Jul 6 16:25:42 EDT 2014

Hi Dirk,

Ok it's good to know where to be looking. For me the number of open
issues gives a (false) negative impression that the project's
development is stale. For me, P1 bugs are triaged as "is an issue which
causes detrimental behaviour (e.g. deletes source code, compiles source
code with different flags, misses changes in source code), and must be
fixed in the next release". Only two of the P1 issues have been
commented on in the past two years, and some have sat still since 2009!
As I said, this is confusing at best to someone who wants to get a feel
for the current status of an open source project.

Moving forwards it'd be nice to know that tackling issues in the issue
tracker is worthwhile, that comments don't go unread, etc. Who marks
what issues must be fixed for the next version? Is there any plan for
existing issues to be updated? Do the developers communicate through the
issue tracker or some other method e.g. IRC?

Regards,
Andrew