[Scons-dev] 2.2.0 soon?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jul 29 13:52:11 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 11:37 -0400, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
[…]

> I agree about the importance of getting this in, but would like to

> push 2.2 out first. Two reasons: 1, I think your patch will need some

> real-world testing in checkpoint releases for a while before we get it

> all right on all platforms, and I'd like to not hold 2.2 for that.

The only way of getting the patch tested is to apply it to tip and see
what happens. This can happen in parallel with the 2.2 release by
branching a 2.2.x maintenance branch in the repository.

> And 2, the work needed to integrate it is more than I can do in a few

> hours: it needs tests and doc (I think both user guide and man page)

> at least.

I guess there is an argument: no new tests, no changes to the codebase?

It would help to have Dirk's extension to the test framework in place to
support this. What is the right protocol to get to happen?

> Have you created a Tigris ticket for it, with your patch?

We need to connect the Tigris issue tracker and the Bitbucket repository
pages. Not sure what the best route for this is.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder