[Scons-dev] 2.2.0 soon?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Jul 29 11:37:52 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com>:

>> Anyone have additional things they'd like to get in?

> Proper handling of versioned shared libraries remains a sore point.

> In my (admittedly Linux-centric) experience lack of built-in support

> for this is *the* most common knock on scons, narrowly edging out slow

> builds on large projects.

I agree about the importance of getting this in, but would like to
push 2.2 out first. Two reasons: 1, I think your patch will need some
real-world testing in checkpoint releases for a while before we get it
all right on all platforms, and I'd like to not hold 2.2 for that.
And 2, the work needed to integrate it is more than I can do in a few
hours: it needs tests and doc (I think both user guide and man page)
at least.

Have you created a Tigris ticket for it, with your patch?