[meteorite-list] Handling rust problems after buying Irons

metebay metebay at tlen.pl
Wed Nov 29 03:45:17 EST 2006

Dear Matthias Bärmann

I don't know what you have done with my meteorites, that they started to rust so much as you describe it. Till now I have sold more than 150 specimens of Morasko and never I received a complain. As every collector knows, every iron is more or less prone to rusting and it would be good to take it into account when purchasing an iron. I have never received an e-mail from you with your suggestion about returning money for the meteorites I have sold you. You wrote the question only, what should you do with the meteorites which are rusting at you. An I have replied this e- mail. Also you did not write the truth to the list. I think if I would get your e-mail with your request of getting money back I took it into account. For to help in your troubles I would suggest you to send me the rusted slice and endpiece. I will do my best to renew them, make them stable and make you happy. As to the complete specimens, I would suggest to apply a rust remover, then rinse them with alcohol, dry and oil with Ballistol or an other oil used for protecting guns from rusting.

Regards Łukasz Smuła