[meteorite-list] Handling rust problems after buying Irons

PolandMET marcin at polandmet.com
Mon Nov 20 06:55:02 EST 2006

Mr Baermann
Im worry about Your specimens of Morasko. This meteorite rust the same like
most of other irons. I dont know how Mr Smula prepared/protected them before
he send them to You, but maybe You can tell us how You protect them? Maybe
its a problem of the place You keep them ? More info will help me to find
what was the problem.
Anyway its normall that small specimens rust much faster than big specimens
(slices/endpieces). This include all irons from "wet" countries. Thats why I
never sell small specimens of Morasko.
Morasko is not bad ruster, not more than other irons, but You must take care
about them. You can't leave them in plastic bag or acrylic box for months
without any protection.

http://www.Meteoryt.net             marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com       marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com      GSM +48(607)535 195