[meteorite-list] What is this?

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 04:01:38 EST 2006

Hi Jim, list -

In all of my Adena and Hopewell reading and site
visits I have never seen anything like this object or
read a description which might match it.

The object was reported "near" an Adena site, but
since all of those sites were prime real estate which
was re-occupied by colonists, it is likely that this
object is modern.

Where exactly was the location?  I note the surface
revealed by the carved initials - Could it be water
rounded coal? A stream boulder blackened by fire? The
symmetry is baffling.

no joy this time, so
good hunting,
Ed