[meteorite-list] A very wierd meteorite. Any ideas what it is?

PolandMET marcin at polandmet.com
Mon Nov 20 06:36:23 EST 2006

Hello evryone,

   I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a meteorite like this? It seems
to be like 25% Carbonacous and 75% O.C..
I was thinking it may be duel lithogy, but have been told that the black
part is from a huge inclusion or chondrule and this is just a piece of a
larger one. These pieces weigh about 150+ grams total.
   The dark part smells of sulfur and has a different crust on it then the
rest of the meteorite. Take a look and tell me what you think it may be.
Thanks.

http://illinoismeteorites.com/duellithpage.htm

Hi
Cool specimen. I think it is black inclusion (breccia) or large impact
veins. I think the best idea will be to make thin section from both
lithologies and send it to NAU or somewhere else. Specimen is big enough to
cut one more thin slice. Im sure You have strange specimen of NWA 869 so
there will be nothing new in bright half (L4-6), but maybe You can finally
answer our question what kind of material consist all this black inclusions
in NWA869.

http://www.Meteoryt.net             marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com       marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com      GSM +48(607)535 195