[DogParkList] Possible posting to the list?

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Oct 4 08:58:45 EDT 2009

Hi Gustavo,

On 2009-10-04, at 8:15 AM, Gustavo Berges wrote:

> When I key the mic, the radio restarts.

I have seen this happen when the IC-7000 power cables are loose or the
wire gauge is not thick enough.

> When I unplug the CI-V cable from the rear connector, the radio

> shuts off and a clicking noise is heard.

That doesn't sound good.

> The same thing happens when I unplug the USB connector from my Mac.

> Both go to a microHam IC13 controller that I use with MLDX software

> to interface with the radio.

Unless there is a lot of static electricity in your shack, that
doesn't sound very good either.

Hopefully the TurboTuner you had hooked up did not damage the CI-V
port on your radio or the IC13.

If it were me I would break it down into smaller chunks and see if the
IC-7000 is working properly by itself, then test the IC13, etc.

> What is the symptom for blown finals?

I haven't blown the finals in my IC-7000 (yet) so I'm not exactly
sure, but with most radios blown finals allow the radio to work
normally but there is little or no RF coming out of the antenna
connector.

A VSWR Meter will tell you immediately what kind of power you are
putting out.

The Meter in the IC-7000 display should also give you a pretty good
idea too.

> It does receive on all bands but of course this has nothing to do

> with transmitting. Thanks.

You may want to ask on the IC-7000 Yahoo Group