[DogParkList] Possible posting to the list?

Michael Blake k9jri at att.net
Sun Oct 4 09:18:26 EDT 2009

I agree with Don that it sounds like a power cable or power supply
problem. The only way I can think of that would involve the USB
connector or the CI-V connector would be that the fuse in the negative
side of the IC-7000's power cable is blown.

If this fuse is blown (negative side only) the radio's ground return
would be completed via the CI-V to USB cable's ground return. This
cable is large enough to handle the receiver's current demand but not
the transmitter's. Do not continue to operate if this fuse is blown
as it will a larger load on the USB jack's wiring than it was designed
to handle.... possibly damaging the Mac.

Just my thoughts.

Michael Blake
k9jri at att.net