[DogParkList] V5 database sharing

Andrea Massucco IZ1IVA ml at iz1iva.net
Fri Jul 10 04:02:08 EDT 2009

Il giorno 08/lug/09, alle ore 19:16, Don Agro ha scritto:

> Hi Andrea,

Hi Don! Thank you for your quick reply!

>> HRD has reached V5 (beta) too and they must have fixed ADIF

>> exporting, as for the first time ever I managed to import the

>> database in MLDX without problems. Now, since MLDX employs SQLite

>> and HRD now supports MySQL, would it be possible for me to share

>> the same *.sql file between the two programs?

> No, I don't think the tables will be compatible.

Thanks, then ADIF will do it for me.
Would you be interested in having a look at their table structure? I'm
in contact with one of the devs and they'll be more than happy to
provide you with this information (it's public).

>> I have also read on the website that multiple MLDXs can share the

>> same database, how do you set that?

> There is no specific prevision for record locking so I would not

> recommend that multiple users share the same sql log file.

I see... I must have misread that.

Is there a way to force MLDX to re-read the database without closing/
reopening the program? I've noticed that the Award pane doesn't take
immediate notice of updates in the logbook.

TIA,
--
73 de Andrea IZ1IVA - cq at iz1iva . net - http://iz1iva.net