[DogParkList] V5 database sharing

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Jul 8 13:16:17 EDT 2009

Hi Andrea,

On 8-Jul-09, at 12:59 PM, Andrea Massucco IZ1IVA wrote:

> I'm currently using Ham Radio Deluxe but I'm also evaluating

> MacLoggerDX and I must say V5 is really awesome!

That's great to hear !

> HRD has reached V5 (beta) too and they must have fixed ADIF

> exporting, as for the first time ever I managed to import the

> database in MLDX without problems. Now, since MLDX employs SQLite

> and HRD now supports MySQL, would it be possible for me to share the

> same *.sql file between the two programs?

No, I don't think the tables will be compatible.

> If not, what would be the safest way to keep the two databases in

> sync? I have one Mac, one PC and two shacks...

I think ADIF import and export would likely be the only reliable way
to do this. MacLoggerDX allows you to export only the records you have
selected and there are a number of ways besides chronological to sort
the log for selection and export.

> I have also read on the website that multiple MLDXs can share the

> same database, how do you set that?

There is no specific prevision for record locking so I would not
recommend that multiple users share the same sql log file.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro