[DogParkList] FT-2000D and other stuff

Steve - VA3SPH va3sph at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 12:12:42 EDT 2008

Hi George,

I don't have a FT-2000 or an Easy Sync USB, but am familiar with USB,
serial and I had a Fat Mac too. ;-)

Try downloading and installing the latest driver from FTDI
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_1_10.dmg

Apparently Easy Sync uses this ship set and latest driver might cure
your problem.
http://www.easysync.co.uk/shop/homepage.html
But you might want to check with Easy Sync for advice on updating to
above driver to make sure they used that same chipset a few years ago.
(I think likely yes but good to check)

You didn't mention if you have an external USB hub and that the Easy
Sync adaptor is plugged into it or not.
If you do have the Easy Sync plugged into an external hub try plugging
the Easy Sync directly into your mac mini. If the problem goes away
it maybe your USB hub causing communication problems and you should
replace the USB hub.

Alway buy good quality powered (separate power) hubs as all
communication to external devices goes via it. If it crappy then all
the devices will connected to it will work crappy and that will drive
you into a home. :-)

Let us know how this goes.

73
Steve - VA3SPH