[DogParkList] Fwd: LOTW & eQSL

myles landstein myles.landstein at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:20:10 EDT 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Don Agro <dagro at dogparksoftware.com>

> Date: October 8, 2008 8:06:56 PM EDT

> To: "C. Griffin" <n1mie at mac.com>

> Cc: Dog Park Dog Park List <dogparklist at dogparksoftware.com>

> Subject: Re: [DogParkList] LOTW & eQSL

> Hi Chip,

> On 8-Oct-08, at 7:49 PM, C. Griffin wrote:

>> I started this, I should take the heat if there is any to be had.

>> I asked for a feature to MacMemories awhile ago. You told me what

>> it would take to get that feature. I have not been able to get in

>> position to provide you the necessary resource. Heck if it was just

>> a matter of funding the feature I might even be able to work with

>> you on that. I know, you have a life like the rest of us. This is

>> just a hobby. But it never hurts to ask.

> Understood, but our contract rates are a bit out of the range of

> private individuals.

>>>perhaps we could all chip in for a group buy of some
'special' features?? Arrange a target $$goal for the features if
you hit it, do the feature if not , not

<<With regards to the postings here, about why there isn't
more ham software for mac, I echo those sentiments but it's
not just a 'ham thing'. Despite mac being more popular now
than ever, there are a lot of programs that just arent 'ported'
over to the mac .

Even small programs like this tiny app that allows me to see
my swr meter on a pc, the developer wouldn't consider porting
for mac even with pay, they just clamor to pc's ,, some reason
because their are more of them but I feel there are enough Mac's
now and its not that much harder to program

seems it's not popular with programmers yet just hasn't caught
on in that respect but if i was a programmer i'd much rather dev
on the mac(programming wise)

but i sure wish we had some more cool ham radio programs(and other
stuff) for the mac

Just my crazy 2-cents..