[DogParkList] LOTW & eQSL

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Wed Oct 8 20:49:24 EDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 20:06, Don Agro wrote:

>> I started this, I should take the heat if there is any to be had.

> No heat, just a voice crying in the wilderness :)

I understand, just trying to maintain a sense of humor about it all. :)

> I understand, I work 40 hours a week in addition to several

> contract jobs, raising 3 school age children and answer over a

> hundred support emails a day relating to the Mac Ham radio projects

> which I do in my spare time. That's not counting working on the new

> version of MacLoggerDX and a few other 'secret' projects.

I'm getting close. My second, and last, son is in his senior year of
HS. This means that things should start getting better (less demands
on time) starting after next summer.

> I was suggesting that someone might want to write some new Mac Ham

> Radio applications, but MLDX is extensible through AppleScript or

> the published log file format and possible database templates or

> through ADIF.

All of these are within consideration on my end. Perhaps we can talk
offline later about some when I can free up some time.

> This could be scripted but there is no point in making the hooks

> available if no one is going to use them.

I use them, really I do. I use them for use with cocoaModem, for
example, an excellent product you mentioned in your previous email.
Please don't stop putting the extra effort into them. My only
complaint so far is that I don't always understand the documentation
as far as how to use each of the commands. Sample scripts help a lot.
I'll ask more specific questions when I get into a jam.

> No, less helpful would be not having ADIF export at all, or worse,

> having ADIF export that was not compatible with eQSL or LoTW. I

> seem to remember spending a couple of months getting that working

> properly...

Wow, it took that long? Amazing. Let's hope they don't break anything
to make it not work on us. :)

> Understood, but our contract rates are a bit out of the range of

> private individuals.

Got ya. Perhaps an upgrade fee or a price for a module to help defer
the cost of development. I'm not opposed to paying for good stuff.
That's why it took me almost no time to pay for MLDX once I'd tried it.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn