[DogParkList] Noise

ltrranch at vtc.net ltrranch at vtc.net
Sat Aug 25 21:34:04 EDT 2007

Thanks for so many replies with suggestions. I have noticed the noise
in the past, however, like Jim said it seems worse today. I do have a
common ground to all equipment except the iBook lap top which is
located with couple feet of my IC-736. I did quickly attach a ground
to the computer and the common point, without any drop in the noise
level. I'm using the USB CI-V interface from Black Cat Systems. I
haven't tried toroids on the leads. Wouldn't know which or where to
purchase such. It would seem to me that the offending noise being
generated must have a specific frequency such that it just causes
interference on the 20 meter band. It could be on other bands, but
just not noticeable. Also, I've noticed the Cocoa Modem program
doesn't cause noise. Will try the battery idea tomorrow. Thanks Tom
N7KCX