[DogParkList] keyer project

EZRhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Thu Dec 14 11:28:03 EST 2006

Has anyone seen the article in the new (January) QST on page 58, titled "Simple Audio Computer Transmitter Morse Keyer"?

Here's the question: Does the MLDX keyer send an output to my iMac's sound card so I can hear the dits and dahs as it sends? I don't think it does.

If it did, I could use the MLDX keyer to send code to the radio: the above mentioned project in QST takes the audio output from the computer's speaker output, and uses the audio to switch a relay on and off (which goes directly to the radio's key jack), thus bypassing the whole USB/serial port and cable dilemma. Pretty clever.

Since MLDX doesn't send the code to my speakers, is there another Mac program anyone knows about that has an "audible" keyer?

Chris

(Don...how hard would it be to add an audio output to MLDX?)