[DogParkList] MLDX with multiple locations for eQSL and LoTW

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Mon Jul 24 13:41:05 EDT 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Lee J. Imber (KF2PC) wrote:

> Ouch! so eqsl's do not count for any of the ARRL awards.. <YUCK>
> Seems like a bit of a pain. Suppose you working for dxcc on 10 meters
> and you work a station, he sends you a eqsl but you need a real QSL
> card
> or LOTW entry! Things seem to be getting complicated :(
>

> Too bad they do not talk. This now makes double the work for us paper
> chasers to keep track.

Well, things aren't really complicated; there are just multiple places
to get awards with their own separate rules. Luckily, computer-based
logging makes participation relatively easy for all this.

> OK, two more questions.
>
> 1. I just downloaded 4.2.6 and when I unstuff it I get the 4.2.6
> folder but finder shows the folder as empty.
> There seems to be some permission issue. If I reboot the machine
> the folder appears normal with all it contents viewable.

I just downloaded the newest one and it was fine for me. If you are
still having trouble,
you should notify Don Argo (as there might be something more
"interesting" going on).

> 2. What is the right way to upgrade MLDX from a previous version?
> unstuffing creates a new folder with the version number.
> Do I just move my data file to the new folder? What about prefs?

I keep my log files in a folder separate from the applications so I
don't need to do
anything special to upgrade. The preferences still point to the log
folder so the new
version picks up right where the old one left off.

I hope this gets you going. If you have further questions, feel free to
drop me a note. 73!

-- Scott (NE1RD)

B. Scott Andersen  | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen at mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD)  | http://homepage.mac.com/bsandersen