[DogParkList] Ideas for Integration of MacDoppler / MacLogger

Andy Russell andy.russell at hulleng.karoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 02:19:37 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06 00:02, "Don Agro" <dagro at dogparksoftware.com> wrote:

> It's started !
>
> The redesign of MacLoggerDX for Cocoa has begun and I invite any and
> all to post requests or suggestions.
>
> There will be a Contest mode and a DX mode with appropriate changes
> to the data entry procedures for each etc.
>
> Due to time constraints I will not be able to comment on many of the
> submissions be I will read and seriously consider each and every one
> of them.
>
> Even if you have just been 'lurking', feel free to comment on other
> submissions or send in your new ideas - now is the time :)
>
> I am aiming for a fall alpha and Christmas release.
>
> There will be an upgrade path for existing MacLoggerDX customers.
>
> Thanks, This should be an adventure !
>

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
>  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
>    iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com

Hi Don,

Thanks for a wonderful piece of software that sets the standard that others
follow.  However, there's one thing I miss switching to a Mac is an easy to
use APRS application like UI-View...

I would like to be able to at least send ARRS beacon text and messages - at
the moment  I'm using MacDoppler to tune my FT-847 and MacLoggerDX to drive
my KPC-9612, and by  setting the TNC into converse mode and pasting my
beacon text into the window and hitting return I've managed to send beacons
via the ISS

Another suggestion would be to be able to extend the gateway function of
MacDoppler into MacLogger allowing the user to set up HF voice gateways?

Finally, and this is probably a tall order, I would like to able to user
define other input/output lines of the Ontrack serial interface so that they
can be used to switch antennas, enable/disable up/down converters etc - more
applicable to MacDoppler - hence the tall order!

73 de Andy
---
The box said "Requires Windows XP, or better," so I bought a Macintosh.