[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX for Cocoa

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 05:42:58 EDT 2006

Great news - Xmas presents already and its only June :-)

I believe you've had my suggestions in the past Don - most of which have
made it the  current version - thank you.

I would like better navigation of the log panel - with tab between columns,
shift tab for previous, return and shift return, arrow keys and type in
cell. Change width of column with click/drag on dividing line. All rather
al-la Excel, but guess its what people are used to.

Would like to be able to drag a panel off to give multiple windows,
especially being able to drag the bands and map off, so I can see bands,
map, cluster and QSO area in one go.

I would also say how about using 'tabs' to get to various windows - al-la
Safari.

More Apple script support would be nice.

what about multiple cluster connections  - not tried that, so it may not be
of value.

May be a customisable toolbar, but that might be going a bit to far :-)

I still say its the best program/interface I've used on many different
machines.

Will you be producing an interface mock up first? Do you want alpha testers?
Put me down for anything like that I can help with, including man prrof
read, writing even if that helps.
Anything at all you think I might be able to help with - let me know.

On 7/6/06 12:02 am, "Don Agro" <dagro at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

> It's started !
>
> The redesign of MacLoggerDX for Cocoa has begun and I invite any and
> all to post requests or suggestions.
>
> There will be a Contest mode and a DX mode with appropriate changes
> to the data entry procedures for each etc.
>
> Due to time constraints I will not be able to comment on many of the
> submissions be I will read and seriously consider each and every one
> of them.
>
> Even if you have just been 'lurking', feel free to comment on other
> submissions or send in your new ideas - now is the time :)
>
> I am aiming for a fall alpha and Christmas release.
>
> There will be an upgrade path for existing MacLoggerDX customers.
>
> Thanks, This should be an adventure !
>

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
>  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
>    iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think
we're not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering.
-Arthur C Clarke, science fiction writer (1917- )