[DogParkList] Re: Wish list

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 11:29:23 EDT 2005

OK, I'll respond here then...

On 13/9/05 3:52 pm, "dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com"
<dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

>>> VFO Stack
>>> Would it be possible to include the call sign in the stack? I often
>>> work around a cluster and go back to a call I didn?t manage to
>>> work, would like to have the call sign included in the stack if
>>> possible (and if present and looked up). However, since you?ve now
>>> included clicking in the bands panel, that may be a better method
>>> of working, but havn?t had time to determine that yet.
>>
>> I saw the Stack as an analog of the radio band stacking registers -
>> and there isn't always a call sign associated with it.
>> Sometimes you hear something interesting in a pileup and you don't
>> have a call. That's what the stack is for - quick and simple...
>> <shift><command>S
>>
>> ALl of your lookups are stored in the "Look Ups" menu so you can look
>> through them; and the band panel is clickable; and all your DX Spots
>> and TNC Spots are double-clickable so I think I would like to keep
>> the Stack simple and disassociated from calls.

However 'Look Ups' does not restore the freq and mode used for the call, it
just looks the call up again - I wanted to be able to go back to a given
spot, without having to move to clusters panel or remember what that spot
was - a lazy, nice to have I know.

> You can do this now by double clicking on any spot in the DXCluster
> window - even if AutoTune is off. That's about as simple as it gets.
>
>> Then using a menu option or button would go back to the previous
>> spot, restoring all the info, including the call lookup etc.)
>
> There is a "Last Spot" menu option and a keyboard equivalent for it -
> <command> <

But that goes back to the last spot on the cluster, not necessarily the last
spot I was listening too.

I'll work with it as it is and see if I really feel the need ;-)

> The Carbon tables I am using from Metrowerks PowerPlant have some
> limitations and there is absolutely nothing going to change that
> until I re-write MLDX for Cocoa. I haven't done so yet because I
> still have a few OS 9 customers and I don't want to leave them high
> and dry.

Understood - that explains a number of 'features' and is quite
understandable - hopefully they won't take forever to move up ;-)

>> Apple script and log fields
>> Being able to retrieve all the fields of the currently selected log
>> record and also set them would be useful to allow me to change
>> records with a script. Being able to iterate through the currently
>> selected records would be even better :-)
>
> You can do that now by operating directly on the log file - it is tab
> delimited text and the format is documented.

Right, if I manipulate the log file (perl) with MLDX active - does that
cause a problem and how do I get it to re-read the log file?

>> 2nd Callsign Lookup
>> It would be nice to be able to lookup a different callsign to one
>> I?m about to log, without changing the call sign in the SO panel ?
>> something like a popup that looks up and callsign.
>> I know there are widgets to do this  - I need to upgrade to tiger :-)

you didn't comment on that - do I assume I'll have to move to tiger then?

--
Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the
young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way