[DogParkList] Re: Wish list

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Sep 13 15:51:54 EDT 2005

Hi David,

On 13-Sep-05, at 11:29 AM, David Ferrington wrote:

> I wanted to be able to go back to a given spot, without having to
> move to clusters panel or remember what that spot was - a lazy,
> nice to have I know.

I think you are getting a bit picayune with that one. There are a
number of ways to do that including the Bands Panel and the DX
Cluster panels. Our goal here on this list is to help people use what
is already in MacLoggerDX.

> Right, if I manipulate the log file (perl) with MLDX active - does
> that
> cause a problem

Not unless you are trying to write to it from both processes - one of
them will win - and you won't know which one without record locking -
which I am not planning on adding.

> and how do I get it to re-read the log file?

The Reload button in the log panel.

>>> I know there are widgets to do this  - I need to upgrade to
>>> tiger :-)
> you didn't comment on that - do I assume I'll have to move to tiger
> then?

MacDoppler for Cocoa will be 10.4 only - but it will be a while
before MLDX gets there.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com