[DogParkList] WAS Award tracking MLDX

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Nov 28 19:50:48 EST 2004

Hi Larry,

On 28-Nov-04, at 6:18 PM, Larry West wrote:

> While playing in the ARRL November Sweepstakes a couple issues came to
> mind:
>
> 1) There are 59 entities listed in MLDX's WAS window. The 50 states,
> plus DC, PR and other US possessions/territories, etc. Far as I know,
> WAS only requires the 50 states.

This is correct, the other protectorates/territories are only included
for interest sake.

> 2) A few were operating from places other than their home QTH. I know
> for DX stations, the convention is to use the local prefix preceding
> the call of the op (when not issued a local call, that is), as in
> PJ4/N2WB. Is there any similar way to note the same type of thing for
> WAS? I had one op whose mailing address is in Illinois operating from
> Maine, a Minnesota ham operating from Wisconsin, a Colorado ham
> operating from Montana, and an NC station operating from SC. Is there
> any way to annotate this?

I don't think so - I think the only way to do this is to edit the state
field in the log after you have logged him. I would also put something
in the comments field to remind you.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com