[DogParkList] WAS Award tracking

Larry West viggen at mac.com
Sun Nov 28 18:18:33 EST 2004

While playing in the ARRL November Sweepstakes a couple issues came to
mind:

1) There are 59 entities listed in MLDX's WAS window. The 50 states,
plus DC, PR and other US possessions/territories, etc. Far as I know,
WAS only requires the 50 states.

2) A few were operating from places other than their home QTH. I know
for DX stations, the convention is to use the local prefix preceding
the call of the op (when not issued a local call, that is), as in
PJ4/N2WB. Is there any similar way to note the same type of thing for
WAS? I had one op whose mailing address is in Illinois operating from
Maine, a Minnesota ham operating from Wisconsin, a Colorado ham
operating from Montana, and an NC station operating from SC. Is there
any way to annotate this?

Tnx,
N2LJ
Larry West