[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX Great Circle

stephane.winnepenninckx at agfa.com stephane.winnepenninckx at agfa.com
Wed Nov 24 03:35:27 EST 2004

Don,

Maybe there is a possibility to get a Azimuthal Equidistant map from:
  http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
and to use it in MacLoggerDX.

This projection gives a map in which points on the same bearing lie
along straight lines. Distance along those straight lines is
proportional to distance along the great circle with that bearing. This
projection is unique for each place on earth and a new map must be
calculated for each location.

This means that we need one map per QTH and that location on the map
has to be calculated differently. Not an impossible mission ;-)

--
73 de ON5WIS

On 23 Nov, 2004, at 19:35, dogparklist-bounces at dogparksoftware.com