[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX Internet lookup problem with DirecWay caching proxy servers

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 23:33:33 -0400

Hi Gary, Steve,

On 4-Sep-04, at 11:16 PM, Gary Grove wrote:

> It works! =A0Thank you for the helpful suggestions. =A0Attached are =
the=20
> proxy settings.
> Gary
>
>> On 9/4/04 6:04 PM, "Steve Hellyer" <VA3SPH@rac.ca> wrote:
>>
>> It appears the direcway is not letting you bypass the proxy with the=20=

>> new DW6000.
>> There is much talk about this subject and suggestions here. =A0It a =
bit=20
>> of a read, but a good thread.
>> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11205852~mode=3Dflat =A0
>> Some of the links on this page lead you to other links which offer=20
>> other suggestion which got things working.
>> I don't think you going to be able to work around this in your=20
>> software Don. Direcway server seem to be grabbing all request over=20
>> port 80.
>> Gary you have to experiment with proxy setting suggested in the=20
>> thread. I would also complain to Direcway. They should at least offer=20=

>> a port like 88 which allow for the bypassing of the proxy caching=20
>> gateway.
>>>
>>> "I don't know if this will help, but...
>>> If you have nothing else to try, here are some more non-Hughes proxy=20=

>>> servers you can plug in for Proxy Settings:
>>> The following seemed to work pretty well for a non-acceleration=20
>>> server:
>>> srv-10gym-laris.lar.sch.gr -- 194.63.229.137, port 80
>>> proxy.ia2.marketscore.com -- 66.119.34.38, port 80
>>> bess-proxy.peanut.org -- 168.10.31.4, port 80
>>> It seems the DW6000 users now have an alternate path for browsing...=20=

>>> Something akin to DW4000 users browsing Proxy OFF.
>>> Spinnaker"
>>  =A0
>>  73
>>  Steve
>>  VA3SPH

Gary's attachment would be stripped by the lists, but he checked "Web=20
Proxy (HTTP)" in the network settings and in the "Bypass proxy settings=20=

for these Hosts & Domains:" box he entered "www.direcwaysupport.com=20
192.168.0.1"

Thanks Steve, much appreciated !

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com