[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX Internet lookup problem with DirecWay caching proxy servers

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:13:50 -0400

Hi,

Has anyone figured out a way to get MacLoggerDX's Internet Lookup
feature working with DirecWay's caching proxy servers ?

This is what is happening:

Connect to     "www.qrz.com:80" and then issue a "GET
http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=VE3VRW HTTP/1.0"
Error returned "HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request" (instead of "HTTP/1.1 200 OK"
)

I think that with the older DW4000 modems you could just turn "proxy"
off but I am not sure what has to be done with the newer DW6000 modems.

I am also not sure if this can be solved with Network settings (proxy)
or if it requires a change to MacLoggerDX...

Any HTTP/Net gurus out there ?

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com