[DogParkList] Re: E-mail data field

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:54:50 -0500

Hi Terry,

On Feb 14, 2004, at 12:38 AM, Terrence R. Redding Ph.D. wrote:

> Ah, now I understand the problem.
>
> I too have received spam to my e-mail address - and appreciate all
> steps
> taken to preclude the harvesting of ham addresses.
>
> I would still like to be able to modify any data field in the log.

...and you can.

> For example, I routinely write the name of the operator in front of the
> operator's name.  It looks odd to see Terry Terrence R. in the first
> name
> data field.  But it is handy to record the name the operators prefers
> to be
> called on the air, and the way the name appears in the Internet Data
> base.

You can't do that with the name either.

If you change the name and then go to the QSL panel your change isn't
picked up - unless you log the change.
The data in the QSL card fields comes from the lookup.

> I suggest the same be true for the e-mail data field.  I would like to
> be
> able to modify that field, and then use it to generate an eQSL card
> with the
> e-mail address from within MacLoggerDX.

The email field works exactly the same as the name field.

> Unless absolutely necessary, I prefer not to go through an additional
> step
> of building a UCB in order to send an eQSL card.

It's not necessary - just another option.
You can also edit the fields on the fly in the QSL panel - just log the
QSO with your changes.

If you log a call with changes to either the name or the email address
- those changes will be picked up when you double click on a log entry
to send a QSL card at a later time.

This is the way people use the software - they log a call after a
lookup  - and with possible changes - and send the QSL card sometime
later - after a lookup that picks up any changes they made to either
the name or the email address - or any other field for that matter.

I really don't see how it could be much easier ?

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com