[DogParkList] EchoMac

Steven Palm n9yty@n9yty.com
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:18:39 -0600

[ To the Dog Park list, and a few select others.... ]

On Jan 2, 2004, at 11:56 AM, Ross, Robert J wrote:
> If I leave the sound window open with the mic level off or very low -=20=

> EchoMac sets it to 80%
>
> If you have it at 50% it leaves the audio level alone!!=A0 Looks like=20=

> anything below 10% or so it resets the level to 80% or so.

  I have had just a few other reports of this behavior, but as Don said,=20=

the EchoMac program code itself is not doing anything to adjust audio=20
levels. For all audio work, it is using the "portaudio" library, and so=20=

if there is an issue in this code it would affect EchoMac as well.

  The unfortunate part of my answer is that I have no time at present to=20=

work on EchoMac at all. I had put it on SourceForge with the hopes of=20
attracting interest in expanding it/maintaining it/etc, but everybody=20
out there is only interested in the free ride, nobody wants to put gas=20=

into the car. Yes, I understand that not everyone knows how to make the=20=

gas, but you'd figure that out of all the people that have downloaded=20
it, someone would be able to help. Some have indicated interest=20
initially, even saying they had the knowledge, but nobody has stepped=20
forward. So, I'm a bit frustrated right now in that regard, and have no=20=

time to change things, so it's going to have to just sit "as is" until=20=

something gives.

  So, I hope you're able to enjoy it for now, Robert. And everyone else,=20=

this gives you some idea of where I'm at with current support=20
issues/updates/etc.

Steve Palm - n9yty@n9yty.com