[DogParkList] Ideas for MacLoggerDX ... 3. User Defined Stats / Awards

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj@amsat.org
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:27:52 +0000

MacLoggerDX Idea 3:  User defined Stats / Awards.

The idea here is to extend the awards facility in MLDX to be able to
define our own statistics (perhaps a better term than awards for this
although the RSGB for example offer awards for grid squares per band
etc.)  so that at the touch of a button we can display (just some
ideas):

	- grid squares worked per band (esp for VHF/UHF etc)
	- Best DX by KM per band (for VHF/UHF)
	- National states/counties/provinces worked per band and in total log
		This facility perhaps could look for user supplied files containing
the data to match against for particular countries - which people in
those countries could supply and share themselves.  e.g. I could supply
Counties and Districts for UK.  (Again this example is  most applicable
to us VHF DXers !!  but the principle applies to all)

Also being able to limit these statistics generation options per log,
per band or per date range for information would be excellent too.

73,
Jonathan G0DVJ