[DogParkList] Bulk management of QSOs in MacLoggerDX

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:01:36 -0400

Hi Anthony,

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 08:09  PM, Don Agro wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 07:26  PM, Anthony Rodgers wrote:
>> what I would then like to do is a) do a bulk lookup of the calls to
>> get addresses etc.
> A "Lookup all selected entries" is a darn good idea, but I'm not sure
> if it would be safe to have an "etc.", only addresses would be safe to
> overwrite - and only if they were blank don't you think ?

I have posted a beta which has an "Update Selected Log Entries" command
added to the Log Menu.

<ftp://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX3.2b17.sit>

If no entries are selected, it will attempt to update the entire
contents of log.dat.
It will look up the selected calls in your log according to the
preferences in your Preferences Panel, but having the Internet Lookup
enabled could result in a very long process if there are a lot of
entries selected.

The progress of the look-ups is displayed in the Log Panel, but the VFO
etc. continue to operate independently.

You may cancel part way through the process by typing command-period,
or escape.

After it has finished updating all the records on screen you will be
asked if you want to save the changes to disk.

The updated log entries are then written to log.dat in the ordered
displayed (sorted) in the Log Panel.

This is a beta, and I suggest you make a copy of your log.dat before
trying this feature.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com