[DogParkList] Using MacLoggerDX in a contest

Anthony Rodgers arodgers@mac.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:53:27 -0700

--B_3137144008_787409

Hi there,

I have just passed my 5wpm and am now able to contest on my own (Yay!).

I love MacLoggerDX and would appreciate any tips, best practices and other
guidelines as to the best way to set it up and use it for contesting.

For example:

* How to manage the separate log files for each contest, while maintaining a
combined log for awards like DXCC.
* How to handle checking for dupes (specific to mode and band) for each QSO.
* What exact steps to take in MacLoggerDX for each QSO, to cover the above
and complete the exchange in the most accurate and efficient way.

I will be able to use rig control with a FT-990, if that helps.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

73 de VA7IRL,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Email: VA7IRL@rac.ca

--B_3137144008_787409

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Using MacLoggerDX in a contest</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hi there,<BR>
<BR>
I have just passed my 5wpm and am now able to contest on my own (Yay!).<BR>
<BR>
I love MacLoggerDX and would appreciate any tips, best practices and other =
guidelines as to the best way to set it up and use it for contesting.<BR>
<BR>
For example:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">How to manage the separate log files fo=
r each contest, while maintaining a combined log for awards like DXCC.
</FONT><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">How to handle checking for dupes (specific =
to mode and band) for each QSO.
</FONT><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">What exact steps to take in MacLoggerDX for=
 each QSO, to cover the above and complete the exchange in the most accurate=
 and efficient way.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
I will be able to use rig control with a FT-990, if that helps.<BR>
<BR>
Any thoughts would be much appreciated! <BR>
<BR>
73 de VA7IRL,<BR>
-- <BR>
Anthony Rodgers<BR>