[DogParkList] (no subject)

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:12:48 -0500

Hi Bob,

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 06:54  AM, Ross, Robert J wrote:

> I'm getting used to MacLogger - great program.  Last week I did some
> testing
> MacLogger, OSX 10.2, USB serial adapter, and my 817 - Worked great for
> hours.
>
> So I pack it all up for some HFPack on the Beach in Texas.  I select
> the 817
> from the radio list, but the computer did not see the serial adapter,
> it was
> selected to the modem.   Well after 30 seconds or so I get a message
> in 4
> languages, that I need to restart the computer.  No error logs -
> nothing -
> big time crash. It was repeatable.  I figured out that I had not set
> the USB
> interface, once set it worked fine.....

Great ! we were having some problems with Andreas' FT-817 in Germany,
glad to hear that yours is working well.

> Has anyone tried to set the radio type to the FT-817, interface to
> modem and
> check the radio VFO box??

Sorry Bob, I really should inhibit MacLoggerDX from trying to treat the
built in modem as if it were a radio :)

> Bob n2oml
>
> I have not checked all the 817 functions but it seems to work OK.

There is a slightly newer version of the FT-817 driver in this beta:

<ftp://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX1.9b4.sit>

1.9b4 forces 2 stop bits at all baud rates which the FT-817 seems to
prefer,
The 1.8 version will cause problems on the FT-817 if you try and set
the mode to FM.

Let me know how 1.9b4 works for you.

If you wouldn't mind, turn on the DebugLog in the preferences panel and
send me the log file it creates:
<dagro@dogparksoftware.com>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com