[DogParkList] It Blew up

Ross, Robert J rjross@cbs.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:54:45 -0500

I All,

I'm getting used to MacLogger - great program.  Last week I did some testing
MacLogger, OSX 10.2, USB serial adapter, and my 817 - Worked great for
hours.

So I pack it all up for some HFPack on the Beach in Texas.  I select the 817
from the radio list, but the computer did not see the serial adapter, it was
selected to the modem.   Well after 30 seconds or so I get a message in 4
languages, that I need to restart the computer.  No error logs - nothing -
big time crash. It was repeatable.  I figured out that I had not set the USB
interface, once set it worked fine.....

Has anyone tried to set the radio type to the FT-817, interface to modem and
check the radio VFO box??

Bob n2oml

I have not checked all the 817 functions but it seems to work OK.