[DogParkList] Another Piece of the Puzzle

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:06:58 -0400

At 10:21 PM -0400 9/23/02, Don Agro wrote:

>Scott Anderson has gotten MacLoggerDX running under OS X by swapping
>out his USA-19W for a Keyspan Twin Adapter.

I did this, without success. I couldn't find a suitable adapter from
the mini-DIN 8 connector on the Twin Adapter to the DB-9 I needed for
the FT1000MP, so I built one.

When I connect with the twin adapter, I get the message on the
MacLoggerDX display "FT1000MP Connected", but I still get no transfer
of data between the computer and the radio (no flashing of the 'Cat'
light on the radio display to indicate polling, and no data from the
radio in the Debug Log). I've double-checked my cable for shorts and
correct pin connections, and it looks OK.

So, my question is, did Scott need to use a similar adapter for
connection, and what were the pin-outs of that adapter? I used a
pin-out diagram I found on the Web, but on further investigation it
seems that there are different pin-out diagrams of the connectors,
depending on who you ask...:-)

I found different pin-outs for the mini-DIN 8 connector depending on
whether you're using RS-422 or RS-232. I used the RS-232 diagram;
maybe that's not correct?

Any suggestions appreciated.

73,
--
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S