[DogParkList] Another Piece of the Puzzle

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:55:25 -0400

Hi John,

On Saturday, October 5, 2002, at 09:06  AM, John E Bastin, K8AJS wrote:

> At 10:21 PM -0400 9/23/02, Don Agro wrote:
>>
>> Scott Anderson has gotten MacLoggerDX running under OS X by swapping
>> out his USA-19W for a Keyspan Twin Adapter.
>
> I did this, without success. I couldn't find a suitable adapter from
> the mini-DIN 8 connector on the Twin Adapter to the DB-9 I needed for
> the FT1000MP, so I built one.
>
> When I connect with the twin adapter, I get the message on the
> MacLoggerDX display "FT1000MP Connected", but I still get no transfer
> of data between the computer and the radio (no flashing of the 'Cat'
> light on the radio display to indicate polling, and no data from the
> radio in the Debug Log). I've double-checked my cable for shorts and
> correct pin connections, and it looks OK.

For MacLoggerDX to report "FT1000MP Connected" there must be some data
coming back from the rig.
Can you send me the latest log file ?

> So, my question is, did Scott need to use a similar adapter for
> connection, and what were the pin-outs of that adapter? I used a
> pin-out diagram I found on the Web, but on further investigation it
> seems that there are different pin-out diagrams of the connectors,
> depending on who you ask...:-)
>
> I found different pin-outs for the mini-DIN 8 connector depending on
> whether you're using RS-422 or RS-232. I used the RS-232 diagram;
> maybe that's not correct?

The USA-19 series are RS-232, but the Twin Serial adapters are all
RS-422

> Any suggestions appreciated.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com