[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX USB adapters

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:30:21 -0400

At 10:44 -0400 09/23/2002, Don Agro wrote:

>I can appreciate your frustration, but please understand, that all
>of the problems that we have seen with Keyspan devices have been
>fixed without ANY change to MacLoggerDX.

I understand this. I'm not trying to imply that MacLoggerDX is the
cause of the problem.

>In Peter Meier's case just using a different adapter solved the problem.

I was glad to hear this, because I happen to have one of the
dual-port adapters that I obtained to try in this application
previously. I didn't need it then, because help from Keyspan allowed
me to get the PDA adapter to work.

At 10:59 -0400 09/23/2002, Lyle Anderson wrote:

>If you haven't upgraded to 10.2, try it.  It solved my serial problems.

I'm running 10.2.1. So far, it hasn't worked for me.

At 10:38 -0400 09/23/2002, Don Agro wrote:

>Yes, well I suppose I could change MacLoggerDX to enter frequencies
>for radios that are not connected.

That would be a good feature, I think, which would then also make the
program attractive to many more hams running radios without computer
control. I understand that probably doesn't apply to anyone on this
list, but it's just a thought.

>Please understand that I have been spending many many hours of my
>own time to support the Keyspan products because Keyspand has not
>been supporting them.

I understand that, and I did not in any way mean to imply that the
problem was with MacLoggerDX or that it's your responsibility to
write work-arounds for problems with hardware drivers.

====================

On another note, I'd like to let everyone on the list know that I'm
reading the list and I get updates as soon as they are posted (I get
mail from my server every 15 minutes). If you post a reply to one of
my messages on the list, there is no need to also send me a copy.
I've been getting two and three copies of everything on the list.

Thanks for your consideration.

73,

--
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S