[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX USB adapters

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:24:10 -0400

Hi Lyle,

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:59  AM, Lyle Anderson wrote:

> If you haven't upgraded to 10.2, try it.  It solved my serial problems.

Thanks Lyle, that's good info to have.

I have been rather frustrated with these serial adapter problems
because I have been unable to reproduce them here on any version of OS
X, with any of the different adapters (except for the PCI Pro 4 port
card having a problem under OS 9 with OpenTransport serial IO).

Scott Anderson shipped me the USA-19 that was refusing to operate on
his cube and it works flawlessly here on my G4, iMac, and 2 iBooks.
Whatever we are dealing with here seems to show up only at some sites,
perhaps a driver conflict ?

No one has gotten back to me yet as to whether or not a clean install
of OS X helps yet, so it's hard to say.

I have never had any problems with the Keyspan adapters, but it is good
to remember that the current OS X 10.2 driver from Keyspan is still a
beta, and even if their customer support is a bit lame, I am confident
that they will iron out the bugs in short order.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com