[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX USB adapters

Lyle Anderson lyle@lcanderson.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:59:58 -0400

--Apple-Mail-14-798906938

If you haven't upgraded to 10.2, try it.  It solved my serial problems.

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:44 AM, Don Agro wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:21  AM, John E Bastin, K8AJS
> wrote:

>> I have a dual port Keyspan adapter, and I want to try this.
>>
>> I've wasted an incredible amount of time trying to find an
>> inexpensive adapter from mini-DIN 8 to DB-9 without success; right
>> not I'm building my own.
>
> I can appreciate your frustration, but please understand, that all of
> the problems that we have seen with Keyspan devices have been fixed
> without ANY change to MacLoggerDX.
>
> In Peter Meier's case just using a different adapter solved the
> problem.
>
> I would be overjoyed if it were a bug in MacLoggerDX, because then it
> would be fixed.
>
> We are using the dogparklist to try and help with these problems since
> Keyspan has shown no interest in doing so.
>

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
>   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com

Regards, Lyle K2LCA
Tel:  914-238-8745
Cell: 646-342-3251
Fax: 914-238-4833
mailto: lyle@lcanderson.com

--Apple-Mail-14-798906938

If you haven't upgraded to 10.2, try it.  It solved my serial problems.

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:21  AM, John E Bastin, K8AJS
<excerpt>Finally I have MacLoggerDX up and running.  It took
purchasing the dual port USB converter from Keyspan to get it running.
I determined that for some reason the transmit line on the High Speed
USB-Serial Adapter does not function. Whether it is a hardware failure
or incompatibility I can't say. However, plugging in the dual port
immediately brought the program to life.

</excerpt></excerpt>

I have a dual port Keyspan adapter, and I want to try this.

I've wasted an incredible amount of time trying to find an inexpensive
adapter from mini-DIN 8 to DB-9 without success; right not I'm
building my own.

</excerpt>