[Scons-dev] MSVC 2017+ Toolset Support

Joseph Brill joseph.c.brill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:25:11 EDT 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 11:51 AM Mats Wichmann <mats at wichmann.us> wrote:

> To throw another spanner into the works, there are Visual Studio product
> codes too, which are 16.X for 2019, 15.x for 2017 and 14.0 for 2015...

Nothing is straightforward with the microsoft version numbers.

A mapping was necessary from the vswhere query results containing the MSVS
version to the MSVC version number.  The explicitly supported component ids
are listed by product as there are a quite a few component ids in which we
are not interested.  And yes, one of the components that we are
not-interested in caused a previous version to fail.

And it looks like I have a typographical error to fix as well...

# Vswhere query elements (reverse dictionaries computed during
intialization)#     MSVS_MAJOR: MSVS installationVersion.split('.')[0]
<-> to _VCVER#     Products: expected product components returned in
vswhere query
_MSVC_PRODUCTVERSION_COMPONENTIDS = {
    '14.2': {
        'MSVS_MAJOR' : '16',
        'Products'   : ['Enterprise', 'Professional', 'Community', 'BuildTools']
        },
    '14.1': {
        'MSVS_MAJOR' : '15',
        'Products'   : ['Enterprise', 'Professional', 'Community',
'BuildTools', _MSVC_COMPONENT_EXPRESS]
        },

}