[Scons-dev] Customize packaging tool

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Sat May 25 06:30:06 EDT 2019

I've made a few improvements to the enscons setup.py replacement recently.
It uses standard scons now instead of a repackaged version. It uses scons'
packaging tool to build sdists.
I'd like to be able to add a format to the packaging tool at runtime
(cleanly) and to be able to change its build directory (to ./build). Sdists
should be pax format tar and anonymized without your username on each file,
and shouldn't have to count on a system tar executable.

I don't quite understand how the existing tool works, it might be almost as
easy to have my own replacement?

Thanks